Coding Log — January 11th, 2018 — Day 24
Coding Time: Full Day
Here’s what I did today:
What’s that? A few days off? Yeah. I took a bit of time off because I just didn’t have a positive gut feeling about any of the books I chose. They focused too much on jQuery or their code examples were only enough to understand the concepts – not to apply them to a real project.
At a minimum, it’s an interactive coding environment that I can do at my own pace instead of falling behind watching videos.
Here were the lessons I finished today (out of about 100):
- Storing Values with the Assignment Operator Complete
- Initializing Variables with the Assignment Operator Complete
- Understanding Uninitialized Variables Complete
- Understanding Case Sensitivity in Variables Complete
- Compound Assignment With Augmented Addition Complete
- Compound Assignment With Augmented Subtraction Complete
- Compound Assignment With Augmented Multiplication Complete
- Compound Assignment With Augmented Division Complete
- Convert Celsius to Fahrenheit Complete
- Declare String Variables Complete
- Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings Complete
- Quoting Strings with Single Quotes Complete
- Escape Sequences in Strings Complete
- Concatenating Strings with Plus Operator Complete
- Concatenating Strings with the Plus Equals Operator Complete
- Constructing Strings with Variables Complete
- Appending Variables to Strings Complete
- Find the Length of a String Complete
- Use Bracket Notation to Find the First Character in a String Complete
- Understand String Immutability Complete
- Use Bracket Notation to Find the Nth Character in a String Complete
- Use Bracket Notation to Find the Last Character in a String Complete
- Use Bracket Notation to Find the Nth-to-Last Character in a String Complete
- Word Blanks
You can see my FreeCodeCamp profile here.
I could’ve gotten further, but I’m trying to adjust my sleep schedule to get more things done in the beginning of the day. I hope to come close to finishing this section tomorrow. The day after, I’ll finish it up & finish up the OOP/FP section as well.
Still keeping that Udemy course somewhere in the backburner here.