Coding Log — January 14th, 2018 — Day 27
Coding Time: Full Day
Here’s what I did today:
Wow. We’re already halfway through January. At this point, I expected to be at least starting to go through Basic Algorithms on FreeCodeCamp. This is clearly going to take at least a week longer to get to that point.
Granted – I haven’t tried even the first lesson in the Basic Algorithms section. Maybe it’s time?
I build Thing #2 today. Despite the complexity, it was easier than yesterday. I ran into just one problem, which was a problem I had the day before. I forgot to do
The application follows the logic of the practice exercise in YDKJS. The logic is very easy to break, but there is logic.
Here were the app requirements:
- Follow the requirements/steps for the console version of the app as listed in YDKJS.
- Create inputs for bankBalance and spendingThreshold.
- Display total & if the user can afford the purchase.
I got stuck between Requirement 2 and Requirement 3. I was a little ambitious and coded both at once instead of testing one at a time with the console. I got lucky that it was a smaller app this time, but I have to remmeber to take it slower.
Also, I used a bit more MDN today! It just still doesn’t seem to be the best for quick referencing.
Tomorrow’s idea is building something in the DOM that’ll manipualte CSS!
Continued watching The Web Developer Bootcamp
I skipped ahead to the DOM Manipulation section. This skips over HTML/CSS/Bootstrap & Basic JS. I may go back and watch the Basic JS sections because I need more familiarity with the concepts. But, only if I get extra time.
If I’m lucky, these are displayable challenges I can continue to add to my tiny JS (in the DOM!) projects.
Just to reiterate what I feel behind on…
- I still have to finish my website. There’s a lot of small changes and some big changes that I need to do, but it’s just too easy to worry about the website and not worry about actual coding.
- YDKJS Video Course #1
- Web Dev Bootcamp Pre-DOM Manipulation Sections
- Actually getting to the point where I make a real small app!
The courses are probably all the same concepts, just presented in different ways. I won’t feel that way until I successfully push past into creating real apps.