Coding Log — January 24th, 2018 — Day 30
Coding Time: Half Day
Here’s what I did today:
Rewrote the Entire Plan Again
The Rest of January
- Build 6 components/mini-projects in tinyJS (2 done, 4 left – those 4 left may overlap witht he 3 projects in the Web Developer Bootcamp)
- Read YDKJS: Up & Going (Again? Yes, again.)
- Read YDKJS: Scope & Closures
This may bleed into February depending on how long the projects take.
- FreeCodeCamp’s Intermediate Front-End Projects
- FreeCodeCamp’s sections on Object-Oriented & Functional Programming and on JSON APIs & AJAX
- FreeCodeCamp’s Advanced Front-End Projects
- BONUS: ES6 for Everyone - Wes Bos
- BONUS: Udacity’s Object-Oriented Programming
This month is a lot more ambitious. I can definitely handle JS30, all the projects (intermediate, advanced, and my pet project), and FCC’s introductions to AJAX/API/OOP/FP. Depending on the rigor of JS: Understanding the Weird Parts and Udacity’s AJAX courses, those may bleed into March. I really doubt I can finish the bonus courses next month. It’s a lot to fit in.
Of course, as I continue, the list may end up being trimmed like it was for January. Maybe FCC covers enough for me, or I only need small sections of the courses instead of the whole thing. There’s a lot of potential for overlap here, which I like.
After that, React, Node, SQL/Algorithms/maybe-not-even-SQL-and-just-learning-MongoDB/both??? Again, every step makes the next step more clear than before.
First use of random & animations. Not a huge deal, just a little test.
I got really sidetracked by setting up my new Chromebook. I hope this will up my productivity in the days to come.